Mosaic Tile Guide Forums Forum Index
Mosaic Tile Guide Forums
Helpful and informative discussions about making mosaics!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

mosaic software

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mosaic Tile Guide Forums Forum Index -> Mosaic Questions and Answers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
merc

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 4:09 pm    Post subject: mosaic software Reply with quote

Im trying to get info on Mosaic tile software. I'm new at this and would like to get a used version of tilecreator or something like it. Any suggestion or ideas greatly appreciated
Scott

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not sure where you would get a used copy of Tile Creator specifically, however I have had success in the past in buying used (and new) copies of software on eBay.

Try going to eBay and searching for "tile creator". If you don't have any luck with that you could also try searching for other phrases such as "mosaic software".

eBay is also great for buying new software as generally you can get it online cheaper than you can in a computer store.
merc

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick reply.
I'll try ebay.

One other question

Do you know if Photoshop has this capability?
Scott

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a look at the post on how to create a mosaic from a photo for instructions on using Photoshop to do this.

The effect of this is similar to what you would get from Tile Creator, except that Photoshop will not not generate a materials list with tile color codes or a construction plan.

Still, it is a good way to experiment with creating a few designs first to see what might work!
roccon

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 12:35 pm    Post subject: tile creator Reply with quote

tile creator or tile creator pro. i have the program. andrew simmons is the creator of this and a 'bead pro' software program. i have had i bit of trouble with the program, but that may well be me!!
i purchased the program on ebay, as it was a few dollars less than buying direct. mosaicmercantile.com sells it as well, or did. i think the site is tilecreator.com, and then you get directed from there..they blended w/a company called 'though fish' for tech help...hope this helps...lisa
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mosaic Tile Guide Forums Forum Index -> Mosaic Questions and Answers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: