Mosaic Tile Guide Forums Forum Index
Mosaic Tile Guide Forums
Helpful and informative discussions about making mosaics!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Laying the mosaic tiles

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mosaic Tile Guide Forums Forum Index -> Mosaic Questions and Answers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bunty

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:43 am    Post subject: Laying the mosaic tiles Reply with quote

Question I have just started doing mosaic and have completed a mirror frame. How do you get a fairly flat surface laying the tiles ? Mine has turned out to be quite a jagged surface.
brokenheartart

PostPosted: Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How jagged? Sharp tiles sticking up? if this is the case I usually just use
a sander or sand paper to smooth rough sharp edges. If it's really small, an emory board will do.
erockybalboa

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Mosaic Tiles Reply with quote

Now we're going to glue the glass onto the base. On this backer board, I'm going to use a wood glue. It's an interior/exterior wood glue. I put some glue out on a piece of plastic and I use a popsicle stick to butter the glass. And make sure you get plenty on there. And then I place that on the mosaic and press down very firmly. Ok?

Now, what I want to do is add some smaller pieces around it. so what I'm going to do is butter sections of the baseboard instead of buttering the glass. I butter the baseboard and press the small sections of glass into it.

So we're going to use these little pieces to go around it. And you want- it's good to spread a handful of cut glass out so you can get the right shapes that you want. And I'm going to use squares. And when you place them you want to have at least a minimum of a popsicle apart and you press it down into the glue.

Ok, and then you want to use a tool or stick to- the glass will move around a little bit until it starts to set up and you want to make sure that you have it accurately placed. You go back around and you move it until you get it just like you want it.

You can check out a free video here at:
http://homegarden.expertvillage.com/videos/how-to-make-mosaic.htm
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mosaic Tile Guide Forums Forum Index -> Mosaic Questions and Answers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: