Mosaic Tile Guide Forums Forum Index
Mosaic Tile Guide Forums
Helpful and informative discussions about making mosaics!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch     RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do you create a mosaic from a photo?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mosaic Tile Guide Forums Forum Index -> Mosaic Questions and Answers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:35 am    Post subject: How do you create a mosaic from a photo? Reply with quote

This question was received from Catherine via email:

I am working on an idea to use a digital photo, enlarge it to where the pixels seem like tiles, and create a real mosaic (using ceramic tiles) over the pixels. Have you ever experimented in this field? Any tips?

Thank you.

Great website!
Jen

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a great way to turn photos into mosaics using Adobe Photoshop. I have used this software program with a couple of photos and different images.

All you do is upload the photo onto your computer and open it in photoshop. On the toolbar there is a "filter menu" and then select "texture" and go down to "patchwork". You can change the size of the squares to get different effects.

There is also a "mosaic option" within the texture section, however I personally don't think it creates a very good effect. It is up to you. If you are looking for really irregular and strong shapes then choose the "stain glass" option. Play around with the settings and see which one you like best.

Happy Mosaicing!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Mosaic Tile Guide Forums Forum Index -> Mosaic Questions and Answers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: