Joined: 06 Jul 2005
|Posted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:00 am Post subject: How to add pictures to the Mosaic Gallery
|You may have noticed that there is now a new Mosaic Gallery section on this site.
All mosaic artists and hobbyists are welcome to post examples of their work in their own section of the gallery where you can also add a profile of yourself, your work and your contact details. In addition, items in the gallery are selected at random to be featured on the Mosaic Tile Guide homepage for greater exposure!
Simply follow these instructions to get started!
1. Register a new gallery account
Each mosaic artist is given their own section in which to store pictures of their work. To access this you need to create a unique login and password to identify yourself.
- Go to the main Mosaic Gallery page.
- Click on the Register link near the top-right of the page to sign up as a new user.
- In the "Register as a New User" page that appears, enter a Username and Password that you will use to log into the gallery. Also, make sure to enter your Full Name correctly as this will be used as the name of your section of the gallery and also your Email address should viewers of your work wish to contact you.
2. Log in to your gallery account
- Click on the Login link to take you to the login page.
- Enter your Username and Password to log in to your new gallery account.
This should take you to your album within the gallery (it should say "This album is empty" as you have not added any pictures yet!).
3. Edit your artist profile
Now you will want to add a description of yourself so gallery viewers will know a little bit about you and your background when they view your work.
- In the Actions section on the left, click on the edit album link. This will take you to a page where you can configure the layout of images (and other properties) in your section of the gallery.
- Click on the General tab and fill in the Summary, Keywords (optional) and Description sections with information about yourself. The information in the Description section is shown above all your pictures in the gallery so should include things like a short biography about yourself. (Don't forget to click the Save button at the bottom!)
- Click on the Custom Fields tab and enter the Artist Location (e.g. Town/State/Country) and Artist Website (if you have one!) fields. These will be displayed underneath your name in the list of artists in the main page of the gallery. (Don't forget to click the Save button at the bottom!)
4. Upload pictures of your art
Now that you have finished creating your artist profile, you can begin to upload pictures into your section of the gallery.
- Click on the Your Album link at the top of the page to take you to your album area.
- In the Actions section on the left, click on the add items link. This will take you to the page where you can add pictures to your gallery.
- In the From Web Browser tab you can select the image files to upload to the gallery. Click on Browse to find the picture file to upload and then write a description of it in the Caption field. The Caption is shown underneath each picture in the gallery.
- Once you have selected your picture and written a description, click on the Add Items button at the bottom to upload it. (This may take a couple of minutes depending on the speed of your Internet access)
- You can then click on the Add More Items link to continue adding pictures, or click on Your Album to view the pictures in your gallery section!
5. Add extra description information to your pictures (optional)
Once you have uploaded your pictures you can then add extra information to them, such as Materials Used, Date Made and Dimensions.
- Click on the Your Album link to take you to your gallery index.
- Click on the particular thumbnail image you want to add extra information to and you will see the enlarged version of the picture.
- In the Actions section on the left, click on the edit photo link to bring up the properties for the picture.
- Click on the Custom Fields tab. Here you can enter the details for Materials Used, Date Made, Dimensions etc. This information will be shown whenever someone clicks on an image to view the enlarged version of the image.
That is all the information you need to get started posting your work in the mosaic gallery. Remember that at any time you can upload new pictures or change their captions simply by logging into your account and following these steps.
Feel free to explore the other options in the gallery at your leisure. Have fun and if you need any more help on using it don't hesitate to ask by replying to this topic here in the discussion forum.